Selina Doran, Associate Consultant at Carver Peterson Consulting, has a passion for cross cultural communication, organizational development and conflict resolution. Selina leads by capitalizing on the competitive advantages of an organization to focus on empowering the unique talents of its employees. Selina works directly with executive teams to refine strategy, streamline processes, and develop personnel to improve operational efficiency and effectiveness.
Selina recently completed a Master of Science in Communication from Northwestern University. With an emphasis on business management and leadership, the MSC program equips its graduates to gain and sustain a competitive advantage as effective and valued leaders—adding significant value to Selina’s proven track record in service and leadership. She also earned her BA in Communication Studies from Westmont College in Santa Barbara California.
Out of over twenty thousand national applicants, Selina was one of the one thousand students who received the honor to be chosen as a Gates Millennium Scholar with the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation. In addition to promoting academic excellence, the GMS program supports its scholars by providing personal, leadership and professional development opportunities, networking and mentorship opportunities, as well as financial and academic support—equipping its scholars to become “Leaders of America’s Future.”
Born and raised in Bellingham, WA, Selina has a strong affection for the Pacific Northwest. As a new Chicago resident, she loves the vibrant energy of the city, but will always long for the mountains and Pacific Ocean. Though she has always been drawn to new experiences, people and places, her family is her greatest inspiration. Passionate about the power of humble confidence, perseverance and the importance of empathy, Selina firmly believes that her character—not her circumstances—will define her success.
Selina is available to speak on a variety of topics, including:
- 5 Components of Hiring Top Talent
- Start with Why: Developing the Mission, Vision & Core Values of Your Company
- Strength Based Leadership: Valuing Differences Through Understanding Strengths
- What The Best Leaders Do Differently (Situational Leadership 2.0)
- Being Grateful: Why Acknowledging “Gifts” Can Impact Your Success
- A Generational Guide to Attracting, Developing & Retaining Millennials
- My Story as A First Generation College Graduate & Beyond (The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, Graduate School, Consulting & Professional Development)
- The Importance of Music (For building Character, building Community, building Patience, etc.)
- I’ve taught music for 10 years and love speaking on the most relevant topic for the specific audience
- One Page Personal Plan: The importance of building your personal strategy before your business strategy