A leader with the ability to combine strategic marketing, research, branding, writing and smart design, Emily Lonigro Boylan is a practical idealist with a vision. In 2004, she founded Lime Red Studio, a Certified B Corporation and WBE, with a plan to prioritize high-quality design, user experience and meaningful social impact.
Emily's experience spans design, business development, user experience, writing, marketing and strategy in both online and offline programs for multinational corporations, nonprofits, universities, boutique businesses and prestigious consumer brands. Lime Red’s focus is creating stunning creative pieces for nonprofits, foundations and educational organizations to do work that makes people’s lives better and Emily is the leader who shapes that vision.
Emily is Co-Founder and VP of the Board of Mom+Baby, a lobbying organization in Illinois for women and children’s rights. She’s a member of MsTech’s Executive Circle, Advisory Board member for the startup DesignerShare, and a liftUPlift Ally. She’s an experienced tech accelerator coach and facilitator, and mentor at 1871. She’s a published writer and teaches workshops on business development, operations, information architecture, innovation, UX, branding and content strategy. Emily is also regular speaker and panelist at national and regional conferences.
Emily is a mom, an activist, entrepreneur, designer, and activator.
Talks and presentations include:
- “Agile vs. Agility: When Waterfall is the Best Approach”
- “Ditch the Pitch” Positioning Workshop
- “Games for Designers and Non-Designers: Design Thinking to Spark Creativity”
- “Business Mindset: Taking Your Idea from a Hobby to a Business”
- Pitching, UX, and business strategy workshops
- “Win in 30 Seconds: How to Pitch your Startup”
- “The Business Mindset: Evaluating Risk and Viability”