As often happens, Alison Henderson’s career path has not been a linear one. With multiple degrees in theater and directing, she has experienced life both in front of and behind the curtain. While doing corporate work to support her theater aspirations she found herself wondering “Why is there more drama in my office than there is on my stage?”
This query led to post-graduate training at Columbia College Chicago, to receive a Graduate Laban Certificate in Movement Analysis. She immediately used Laban’s work with actors, but felt there was more she could do. Rudolf Laban wrote, “Man moves to satisfy a need.” This statement inspired her to uncover the need she had that required fulfillment. The answer was in Warren Lamb’s application of Laban’s work called Movement Pattern Analysis (MPA).
Ms. Henderson is proud to be one of only twenty-two Certified Movement Pattern Analysts in the world. This unique specialty was the answer to how she could blend her theatre-behavior observation with an accurate and highly effective tool for the entrepreneur and business leader. As a theater director and acting coach, she examines what motivates characters to take action. The same applies to people in business. Identifying what motivates you and your employees benefits your organization by increasing efficiency of teams and clarifying communication to reach company goals. Morale is boosted and company culture improves.
Shakespeare nailed it when he said, “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.” Approaches to decision-making are neither good nor bad until a colleague reacts based on his own thought processes. Moving Image Consulting uses MPA Profiling to combine verbal and non-verbal communication for greatest impact on company messaging, effective presentations, increased sales, and workforce communication. It gives us an enlightened alternate perspective on our thought processes.
Alison is available to speak on a variety of topics, including:
- The Mentalist at Work- How to read subconscious behavior to read the minds of your colleagues and clients
- Non-Verbal Secrets of Motivation- How to give the right nonverbal signals in meetings and presentations to create by-in for your plans and ideas.
- No More Shoulder Pads!- Presenting yourself as a woman in a man's world without a power suit (or parachute!)
- Beyond "Yes And"- How to use improvisational techniques with your teams to go beyond agreement to action!
- Researcher, Judge and Action Hero- Who are you and who are you marketing to?